Powered By Blogger

Saturday 24 May 2008

Making Progress



I am glad I have started a blog about the Rotaire project – there's not much there yet, but it is interesting to do, and it will make an authentic record of how the project worked out. It is also good for building up the web presence – which is all important nowadays. I also use Adwords on Google, though I am not sure of the effectiveness in my case. If a person doesn't know what a rain cover for a washing line is, then they are hardly going to be googling it.
The Malvern Spring Gardening Show response was very good, and sales have increased significantly since then. Some sales have come through from visitors to the Centre for Alternative Technology in Machynlleth and some through the web. An Australian firm selling into this country as http://www.ecowashinglines.co.uk/ has sent me their first order – I set up an agreement with them a month ago and I am looking forward to many more. Their web presence is excellent for laundry products. A distributor called Country Platters who will be selling at 20 large Shows this year will be featuring the Dryline at each one, and taking deposits before passing the customer to me for delivery. As a result the Rotaire Dryline should be seen by a very large number of people over the summer. It was very satisfying to be able to present the distributor with an entire kit - Soil Screw, Airer, Dryline and Storage Cover that she would be able to set up in 5 minutes. Any other way of foundationing the airer would take too long when setting up for a Show.
I had to turn down two good offers of advertising earlier in the week because I simply have to make money before I can spend it, and I felt unhappy about that. However, yesterday I received a call from http://www.naturalcollections.co.uk/ , a firm voted Ethical Retailer of the Year 2007 which seems to be interested in the Dryline. So, all in all the product is live at last, and I hope to be expanding the range to include “bespoke” items, a Rotaire brand airer, soil screw etcetera. Money is still very tight, but a “Business Angel” may get aboard when she sees the project working.

No comments: