Powered By Blogger

Sunday 1 March 2009

The Light at the end of the tunnel

Some days the light at the end of the tunnel just seems to go out, as if turned off by an invisible hand. I searched my soul to find out if I really thought I could pull it off; the international marketing, patent costs for all those territories, the sheer day to day grind of fielding questions and sending out orders. It wouldn't be hard if I had not had to invest so much money to get the project to this stage. Now maintaining the debt is getting more and more difficult. Moreover, the financial melt down has caused the jolly British Pound to tumble to 75% of its value, meaning that I can only buy 3 Drylines for my money instead of 4.
If the product is adopted by a major retailer (negotiations under way) I will have to take on an extra £100k in short term debt from the bank in order to bridge the gap between purchase of goods and payment of invoice. The little entrepreneur gets trampled by the bigger fish! And the rates they are charging??? At a time when the bank rate is lower than ever in history the banks are still lending at premium rates. There ought to be a Law...
Don't expect cheap imports to go on forever. Tomatoes have gone up considerably, as will anything from the continent.

No comments: