Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 12 May 2009

After May Day

Preparations for the Euro and County elections have taken a lot of time lately, and the Malvern Mayday also took its toll. However, it's great to have a prominent role in establishing a great local event like the Mayday parade and party in the park. We have actually created a folk tradition that could (why not?) endure long after we are in the sod.
Straight after that I plunged into the RHS Spring Gardening Show, where for four days I displayed several Rotaire Drylines and handed out leaflets with instructions on how to measure your airer. The best part of the positive feedback that I received was when ladies would come up to me and shake my hand, saying that they had bought a Dryline last year and it had been brilliant; they loved it and wanted to thank me personally! You can't buy that sort of satisfaction.
Anyway, that excuses the lamentable lack of entries to the blog. I now intend to display the Dryline at more shows this summer, as it is the most direct route to engaging people. Public awareness is building up nicely, and I still get a lot of referrals from the Chris Evans Show last year - amazing how important national media is.

No comments: