Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Day 11 at the Ideal Home Show

Day 11, Monday started very bright and sunny; a pleasure to walk to the tube. However, I feel that my batteries are getting low, and my resistance is getting lower, while the voltage is increasing and my capacitance is decreasing. I started without having any backup except my wife at weekends, wondering how I would cope with such an extended Show. I had arranged for other help if I needed it, but so far it hasn’t been necessary. This morning I find myself wondering if I will last out the course. After the hurly burly of the weekend when thousands of people attended, today seems very quiet, and the lack of response makes me feel dispirited. However, each time someone complements me on the product it lifts my spirits again.


It is weird to have so many people pass by you in a day. You start to realize the uniqueness of every individual; the very word individual – something that can’t be divided – underlines the point. Hundreds of thousands of people have passed by, but each person has been unique and special. Sullee, one of the Romford lads, keeps nipping out to have a cigarette and I end up taking the cash for him. The things sell themselves, even though they’re not all that useful unless you’re always drinking from a can. Maybe I should give up my invention and sell something cheap and novel too. Like a chocolate teapot…

No comments: