Powered By Blogger

Monday 17 March 2014

Rotaire at the Ideal Home Show

It’s 12.00 and I’ve started writing as a way to focus my mind. People seem more receptive when I’m not actively promoting the stand, but idly tapping away, which is another bonus. I’m going to move the boxes from behind this chair to make it more comfortable. It’s hard to decide where to settle. If folk look puzzled I can tell them it’s a cover for a washing line but other approaches seem doomed to failure. Being in a shell like this you only get a very brief view of the passing individual; a five second walk past. I’m going to stand at the front to see if it’s any better from an engagement point of view.

More interaction all of a sudden, I still haven’t stood out at the front. Brief bursts of interest and long periods of gawping without understanding. I just engaged with my second genuinely interested punter. Then standing to the side of the frontage adjacent to the mini chalet I had an intense ten minute spell of chatting, which quite lifted me. Two people wanted the show offer so I gave them the secret discount code. But I can’t say what it is, or it wouldn’t be a secret any more…

No comments: