Powered By Blogger

Friday 28 March 2014

Fourteenth day at the Ideal Home

Day 14 Thursday is the long one, which is not great because I’m already yawning at about 11.00. However, the footfall is good and the time passes quickly.
I just got a message from the organisers that due to expected heavy demand they want us to open at 9.30 Saturday and Sunday due to expected heavy demand, so we lose another half hour's sleep. This we receive at the end of an 11 hour day - and to add insult to injury they remind us that the clocks go forwards on Saturday night, losing us another hour's sleep!
Today has been much more positive than the past two days. It seems that people are actively interested as opposed to idly browsing as they have been for the earlier part of the week: a totally different attitude which has kept me much busier explaining the benefits of the dryline, and how to measure it. However, by 7.00 it is getting quiet and I haven’t spoken to anyone for about half an hour. The last two hours will drag.

Still, despite the lack of sleep Jane's looking after me really well so I've no cause to complain. She said there would be roast chicken and roast vegetables to eat tonight, after which I'll go straight to sleep. 

No comments: