Powered By Blogger

Monday 17 March 2014

Rotaire Dryline at the Ideal Home Show

It’s probably the caffeine wearing off, but I find the LED light string around the Dryline causes a strange disturbance in my vision. Around each point of light there is a scintillating halo which appears as a dancing haze above and below the light string. It’s not like the normal haze I see about bright lights but a much more vibrant active interference. Is it the visible emission of electrons? I wonder if it could be, and not simply my disintegrating eyesight. Looking across the arena at some powerful searchlights I notice a similar haze, but quite different in kind, like the difference between a still drink and a fizzy one. Perhaps there’s something in the theory after all.


At 5.15 I decide that even though I could go the distance and hold my bladder until the finish line I would be more comfortable if I visited the nearby toilet now rather than later. I start thinking how nice it will be to see Fran, Estelle and Jane in a little while. It’s getting very quiet now, to the extent that I can hear individual voices in the air rather than the complete drone of earlier. I’ll be happy for it to end and to switch off the lights, put away the computer and peg a Dryline (the fancy Union Jack one) over the frontage. 5.45: I talked to a couple who were interested and gave them the discount code – often it is enough to make them get to the order page. It’s time to put away the computer and prepare for the off. One day done.

No comments: